iLife '09 on a G4

Reaction score
Recently got an eMac (1.25Ghz combo, 512mb of ram (probably upgrading to a gig) usb 2.0, ATI graphics and 40gb HDD), I was really excited, turned it on and... no iLife.

I've been looking everywhere for iLife '06, but it looks like after 4 years everyone has opened their boxes and installed their copies, but I didn't worry because I knew that I could install iLife '08 and download iMovie HD for free. They I found out they didn't offer this any more.

So, I have to live with out iMovie, which is a minor problem. But, I was wondering, if I were to buy iLife '09, obviously iMovie wouldn't work, but would iWeb, iDVD, iPhoto and Garageband. I'm a little worried about Garageband not working, because that is why I am wanting iLife - along with iWeb, as the system requirements say that 'Learn to play' requires an intel processor. Will I be able to use the rest of the program, or will it not let me use Garageband?

My plan would then be to buy Final Cut Express, since I have the 'minimum specs' machine, how slow would this program run?

Thanks for everyones help :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.