My internet stopped working after installing Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new in this "mac world", just got an iMac. Yesterday I turned it on for the first time and everything was doing just fine. My internet worked flawlessly, as everything else. Then I decided to install Snow Leopard (a CD came with my iMac), and my problems began.

My internet just can't work! Even worse... I'm able to enter a few sites (like gmail.com, google.com, wikipedia and youtube). The point is: all this sites are on "my favorites" list. It's impossible to access any other address.

I've tried everything. Turned the iMac off, turned the internet/router off, deleted the connection and created a new one, looked for every possible option at "my network preferences", but nothing seems to work. My internet connection is working good, for I am writing this from a pc-laptop that I'm going to sell.

Any of you already had a similar problem? Am I missing something? Maybe a "secret" configuration... lol

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram, Snow Leopard
Hi,

I had the same problem, with ethernet and wifi connection. I tried all the settings and new IPv4 things, but nothing worked. I even downgraded to Leopard for a few days. Until ...........I read on some other forum (can't remember it, otherwise I'd link to it or give props) the simplest solution ever.

Are you ready?

Disconnect your ethernet cable from the router, and replug it into another connection on the router. Voila!!! All should be good now; it has been for me for the last week.

Unless, you only have wifi problems, then sorry.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, i got it now!
I read an article somewhere else and it worked for me: i entered my router (ADSL2) configuration and copied the DNS's. Then i entered my ethernet and airport configuration and wrote them down. Working fine until now!
Thank's for all who tried to help me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.