USB Multi-touch Trackpad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU
I love my Macbook's multi-touch track pad and would like to find a USB version for my iMac. I've searched high and low here and elsewhere with no luck. Well, almost. There was a link to a Japanese version for Windows, but that was it.

Does anyone (else) make such a thing for Mac's?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere around here...but I'll be darned if "Search" (or I) could find it. TIA!

Reaction score
Wacom has recently released some new bamboo-tablets which also support (multi)touch.
This one is only touch, you also have tablets which support pen & touch.

Good luck finding what you need!

OP
richsadams
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that. The Bamboo Touch is exactly what I'm looking for...just BIG! I need something that has about the same footprint as a a mouse pad since I have one of those somewhat limited drop-down keyboard/mouse areas on my desk.

I'll have to give that one some thought though...not sure how I'd place it, but it does look very slick.

Thanks again!

EDIT: After looking at the specs it says that it's 8.2" x 5.4"...which is not as big as I thought. (The model's hands in the video must be quite small!) So that may do the trick...and at $69 it's very reasonable. However it needs to sit to the right of my keyboard (replacing the mouse) and in their demo video they use the Touch horizontally; the USB cord extends to the left. I sent a note to Wacom asking them if the orientation can be changed so that the USB cord is at the top...while still allowing scrolling up/down, etc. I'll post their response. Cheers again for that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Pretty sure I've seen some apps for iPhone/iPods that will do that as well. If you have one of those it's probably worth looking into.

OP
richsadams
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the suggestions. After researching further I went ahead and ordered the Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch from Amazon ($90). It's a little larger than the Touch, but I like the idea of being able to use a pen now and then. It ships with Photoshop Elements as well...so it seems like a pretty good value.

BTW, Wacom did respond to my note the next day:

Sorry, no, only Landscape and Portrait are available orientation options.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Regards,

Wacom Technology Corporation

That was nice, but a bit confusing. I'll report back when I get it. Since it's just been released Amazon says it'll be shipping on October 3rd.

Cheers again!

EDIT: Here is Wadom's second reply (which was very quick as well...impressive)

In checking again w/tech support, you can set the tablet mode to landscape or portrait, flip the tablet to have express key on the left or right but not top or bottom angle. It may be best you speak with the Tech Support department to better understand before purchasing a tablet.

Regards,

Wacom Technology Corporation

So it sounds like placing it with the USB cord at the top isn't going to work. If I can put the USB cord to the right, away from my keyboard, I think that should work pretty well. I'll give it a go anyway and see how well it turns out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.