Actiontec Router

Reaction score
Two Questions;
1) I turned wireless off on Actiontec Router and connected cat5 cable from lan connection to lan connection on airport extreme. Does Air extreme still provide good security and internet speed? It seems like it does both, but i'm not sure if i'm taking the best advantage of airport extreme...

2) Actiontec Router is wireless G. With wireless turned off on the Actiontec, does my airport extreme still put out wireless N signals?

OP
R
Reaction score
Two Questions;
with wireless off on my Actiontec Router, and connecting cat 5 cable from the lan port to the lan port of my Apple Airport Extreme. Is this still secure and am i still taking advantage of high speed internet? I have fios 20/5. It seems like it is, but i'm not sure.

My Actiontec router is wireless G. With wireless off, is my Airport Extreme putting out wireless N signals?

Reaction score
FiOS router

I am trying to add a Airport Extreme to my existing fios router and am having a hard time trying to do this.
i am wondering if there are some important things that i have to folllow so i dont take down my entire network?
could someone please help and let me know what the steps by steps are?

thanks in advance...

Pit...

Reaction score
Roddyboy or anyone

I am trying to do this at home with my fios router and airport extreme, could i get some help, Step by step on what to do to make this happen?

thanks in advance...

Pit

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Read the post right above yours. Also, if you call Verizon support they'll walk you through it over the phone. Make sure you get someone who understands the Mac.

And please do not double post a question. I've merged both together here.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.