Movies don't publish on iWeb

Reaction score
I have a few small movies in a web site created on iWeb. When I publish to the folder, everything looks fine. However, when I publish to my web site, the quicktime movies appear as the quicktime logo with a question mark over it.

I have the latest versions of both iWeb and Quicktime.
I have hosted videos through this same web host before.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
Can you confirm that the video files themselves are on the server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
something wrong in the file path perhaps?

PS, upload your vids to vimeo or youtube and use html snippets on your site instead, they load SOOOOO much faster.

Vimeo is a nicer looking player than youtube.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, the videos did make it to the server (confirmed with Cyberduck).

I considered posting through YouTube, etc., but can't because some of the videos belong to clients and they prefer to have them on my site.

I see lots of other folks talking about the same problem, but so far no solution. Additional ideas still welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
You can host on vimeo or youtube and make it so it's not searchable, too...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.