Convert .dbx files to .mbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi!

I finally made my parents get a mac (Mac Mini 2008 to be exact).
They needed a new one, because the previous Windows PC died. The HDD is still intact though, so I'm trying to save everything I can find.

I just run into the problem of their e-mails.
Because they've been using Outlook Express, the e-mails are stored in a .dbx file.
I found some solutions on the internet, but those all requested a windows PC, which we don't have (and I'm not wanting to install Windows through bootcamp for just this).

Has anyone found a pretty easy way to convert it on a mac, so I can put all the e-mails into Apple Mail?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Did you get a solution to this RobbertV?

........as I have a v.similar dilemma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Download Thunderbird mail client for Mac, pull in all your Outlook mail, then export them in the proper format into Mail. I've never done this but google it, it works like a charm!

Reaction score
Download Thunderbird mail client for Mac, pull in all your Outlook mail, then export them in the proper format into Mail. I've never done this but google it, it works like a charm!

...thanks for taking the time to answer Erik the difficulty being that Outlook is not the same as Outlook Express.

I have been working on this for 2 days now, OE mail folders (eg Inbox) store .dbx files

I have tried to import them into Eudora (the alternate suggestion to Thunderbird) and fail completely.

All I have from my dead pc are the backup file folders (named OE mail), and no clue how to even start to import them into an intermediary program.

Reaction score
Thunderbird can't open .dbx files

I tried this and it didn't work. Thunderbird's import options for Mac OS are from Apple Mail and Eudora only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.