Mac mini DVI to HDMI Output Problem

D

DaMackMini

I am a new Mac OS10 user. Not counting my iPod Mini, I just purchased my first Apple, a maxed out Mac Mini. I am learning how to navigate myself around. So far impressed with the quality of the product. Here's the problem. I am trying to use the DVI to HDMI output with a cable to my Sony Grand Wega 60" HDTV. This has already been done. I can not seem to figure out how to do this. I have the Mac, DVI to HDMI cable, & Display ConfigX software. Is there an easy way to do this!?!? Has anyone here integrated a Mac Mini with an HDTV monitor. I'm kind of stuck. I really appreciate all of your help in advance.

Here is the website where I found the info: http://tenant.com/mini.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Mod note: Clarified title. Please use a descriptive title since "PLEASE HELP!!" type titles don't tell anyone what you need.

OP
A

Animatronica

What exactly is the issue your having? Go more into detail so that people may better help you. Is it a screen size issue? a resolution issue? a refresh rate issue? etc.

OP
K

kernel32

i assume you're having the same problem I am on my panasonic 43inch tv. the menu bar and bottom 1/4 of the dock are chopped off, as is a little on the sides of the screen. i've tried messing with the front porches and backporches and stuff and only succeeded in rebooting to black screens :) Tiger supposedly has an overscan compensation button, so I'll probably just wait on that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.