Print PDFs with Applescript

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PowerMac Dual 2.3 GHz 8GB DDR2 SDRAM Os X 10.4.11
So all I want to do is create a script that will run each morning to print the same PDFs at the same time. I have tried for a while now to figure out how to get files to automatically open in Adobe Acrobat, print 10 of each, and close the files. I'm stuck. I don't know Applescript, obviously.

Can anyone throw me a bone here?

Thanks,
Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
I am no AppleScript expert, but I believe what you want to look at the Automator application. Automator allows you to create and 'record' workflows that you can then replay. So, in essence you would record opening and printing the files and then schedule the workflow for a time of your choosing.

Google for 'Automator OSX'. There is of course quite a bit of documentation in the application itself.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PowerMac Dual 2.3 GHz 8GB DDR2 SDRAM Os X 10.4.11
WOW! You can RECORD actions!! I can't believe I never saw that. I had tried to set one up to print through Automator, but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for your help!!
Jon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.