USB Monitor problem

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My usb connections on my monitor wont work, and ever since i connected a printer to my mac via the tower, how do i fix the usb connections on my monitor so they will work again, i want to be able to connect my mouse and keyboard to my monitor. And ive no idea what to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What monitor are you using?
Are the ports USB 1.1 or 2.0?
It's possible that the printer is drawing too much power from the computer and overloading it to the point where the monitor's ports won't get enough 'juice' to work.
You would have to get a powered USB hub to compensate for this, if that is the case.

OP
S
Reaction score
im not too sure m8, but if the usb stops working on the monitor how do i fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Always best to connect to either the computer or second best a mains powered USB hub. Using the monitor USB ports can be very much hit and miss.

OP
S
Reaction score
hmm its working again, just swapped around connections back and forth and now its working..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.