How do I unlock PDF files???

R

redrocketart

I'm trying to uninstall a version of Dreamweaver. All goes well except for the pdf files it installed. When I try to delete them from the trash I get a pop-up stating that they can't be removed because they are locked.

...I'm a recent switcher. Thanks for the help.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
right click or ctrl+click on the file, click get info, and uncheck the lock file box. if it is unchecked, check the permissions.

OP
R

redrocketart

The box was not checked so, I looked under the permissions tab. There was a lock icon next to the owner tab (me of course), it was locked. I clicked on it and then it appeared unlocked. I moved the files to the trash again, same thing. No go. ???

Thanks,
Jason

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can try pressing the option key and then select empty the trash from the pull down menu. That should do a force empty trash.

OP
R

redrocketart

Hey thanks. I did finally get it to work. I was trying to unlock the folder containing other folders. When I opened them individually, it worked like a charm.

I'm trying to get the hang of this new system. My bigest problem thus far seems to be me trying to make it more complicated.

Thanks...a bunch.

Jason

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.