Can't Locate Files To Delete

Reaction score
I accidently saved some files using HandBrake and MacTheRipper onto a separate Volume. I can't find that volume anywhere on my mac....my external is name "101010" and the other volume is "101010_1" or something like that. I can't find it in Finder and SpotLite won't locate the files. The hard disk space is missing (almost 15gb) and the only access that I have to the volume is through iTunes....for some reason it's the default location for importing....but I cannot delete the files from there. Is there a way to access this or force mount the files?
ty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
right click on the file in itunes and select show in finder.

OP
M
Reaction score
It's not actually a file in iTunes....when I select "add file" from iTunes, then it brings up the import window....that's where I see it...

Reaction score
The very best utility I use all the time for locating files is "EasyFind"
if you know even part of a filename, EasyFind will locate it and allow you to manipulate it.
Hopefully this might help you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Tried using this program "EasyFind" which don't get me wrong worked great and located files seamlessly....however, it did not find the ones that I wanted and that I KNOW are there....I'm thinking I might need to go to the Apple Store....probably a lot easier to solve if there's someone who can visually see it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Good luck! Tell them to make Spotlight useful. It's probably something I don't know, but I can't ever get much out of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spotlight rocks. Single most useful program on an Mac. It is a full text index, so that may need maintenance from time to time to work fully, but I no longer waste time looking for programs through menus. Now, go into itunes, click on File, Add to Library. Click on the double arrows at the top where you select the folder. See that? That's the path.

For example... right now on mine its /Users/mike/Documents

itunes.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Did you make them hidden files? If so you wont be able to see them. I know its not really helping per-say, but sometimes things we do to files slips our minds. I know its happened to me a few times -_-'

Best of luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Simple solution:

open terminal, type in

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE;killall Finder

that will show all files, hidden or not.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE;killall Finder

will set it back to normal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.