miss behaving mac

Reaction score
hi all,
I have a new intel mac purchased 3 months ago, & need some advise please. we were doing just fine with our new house mate for the last 3 months as mac virgins then one day she died, not a single sign of life left in her. so off she went back to apple and is now back, allegedly restored to full health. only problem is now the she wont remember anything once you log out/turn off. theres setting still available pre the original failure, bookmarks dock settings history etc. but we cant get her to remember any information or settings added post Aug 8th (failure day) I've done PRAM reset still nothingand am now desperate.

to save us a return to apple again and a wife wanting a return to windows, please help us. any advise on a simple setting or reset I've missed,
cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is this Macintosh a sentient being?;)

Honestly...I know that it's cute to refer to your Mac as she/her & housemate...but it makes your serious question seem very confusing with these references.:(

You didn't mention what model Mac you have...which may help answer the question. The problems you mention having usually relate to a dead PRAM battery. But since your Mac is so new that shouldn't be the case.

Since your Mac is still under warranty...and although a pain in the neck, it still may be best to have the Apple folks look at it in case it is something more serious.

Hope this helps,:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
hi

thanks for the info so far, its a imac 20" and like you say it should not be the battery at this age but as the original failure was a failure to power up or power off, I wonder if this has damaged something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.