stuck light blueish screen with the apple sign and that little circular loading icon

Reaction score
Hi there,

(I think i have OS 10.4, its the late 2008 aluminium 2.0ghz model)

When i turn on my macbook, it comes up to that really bright, light blueish screen with the apple sign and that little circular loading icon below......it just stays on this screen and does not load up at all! once, it changed from that first screen to a blank screen that was like a darker sky blue, but again it just stayed on that screen.

PLEASE help me! i need to access stuff on there asap!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I had a similar problem with Leopard and reinstalled my OS from the disks that came with my system. But if you just need to access the files on it, you can just target boot (boot and hold "T") and connect to another computer using firewire.

OP
J
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with Leopard and reinstalled my OS from the disks that came with my system. But if you just need to access the files on it, you can just target boot (boot and hold "T") and connect to another computer using firewire.

I see......

I dont think my macbook is firewire capable? does this sound right?

Shall i try and pull the battery out then put it back in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
All macs have firewire ports. looks like a 3 point looks somewhat like a drive symbol. but you also need to have a firewire external harddrive with mac os on it.

Wish I could help you other then what leo suggested.

OP
J
Reaction score
All macs have firewire ports. looks like a 3 point looks somewhat like a drive symbol. but you also need to have a firewire external harddrive with mac os on it.

Wish I could help you other then what leo suggested.

My partner has the same macbook as me, could i hook the firewire up to that to remove my files?

Also, is it worth putting my battery back out then in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
My partner has the same macbook as me, could i hook the firewire up to that to remove my files?

Also, is it worth putting my battery back out then in?

Battery in and out will just wipe out your clock from my experience and probably won't do much for you. What happens if you put in any other discs , you could always put the install disc into the drive and try to run the hardware test, i'm starting to lean towards some sort of hardware failure.

OP
J
Reaction score
Battery in and out will just wipe out your clock from my experience and probably won't do much for you. What happens if you put in any other discs , you could always put the install disc into the drive and try to run the hardware test, i'm starting to lean towards some sort of hardware failure.

so when i get to that frozer screen do you think i should insert the 'applications install dvd' or the 'Mac OS X install dvd'?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You don't get to either screen.. when the screen is still grey before the Apple logo at boot you need to follow this... i'll link it

--Click Me--

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.