How to copy protect my iDVD creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

code777

When I burn a DVD using iDVD is there a way to make it so that no one else can make disk images of that creation??? I made a DVD that I didn't realize could be copied and well, its causing some headaches.

If there is a way to encode it so that it can not be copied, please let me know :headphone

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I was wondering the same thing, just today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I'm sure that if a program like DeCSS can be written than a program to "AddCSS" surely couldn't be that difficult to produce...however...Let me make this very clear...there is no "absolute" way to copy protect anything. If there's ever been a time when the words "where there is a will...there's a way" were more true than now...I don't know when it is. The best you can hope for is...copy deterrence...think car alarm type protection (not gonna stop a real thief...but'll keep an honest person honest).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.