Can't view PDF text on Mac iBook?

Reaction score
Hello!

I tried searching the forum, but I couldn't really find an answer. I hope someone can help me. Please, save the flaming about PC vs. Mac.

I have created a PDF in Adobe Photoshop CS 3 on a PC, and I sent it out via email to a bunch of people. Everyone that uses PC can view it fine and it looks great, but the people who use Mac can only see the graphic design (background, colors, frames etc) but no text. It is like the text is invisible or 100% transparent.

I was using the Century Gothic font, and then I tried changing to Arial. I'm using a PDF/X-1 standard and embedding all fonts (and even if I did, shouldn't it display a default font???).

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Same problem

Hi. I have the same problem. I've had my MacBook for some years now, but recently every PDF I open, only have graphics and no text. I'll have to copy the text to a Word document and change the color there to black so I can read it. Anyone have a solution?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The next time you open a PDF document, (assuming you're using Preview and not another application) go through the settings and preferences. Take a look at the font setting.

C

chas_m

I'm not sure what the problem is but "rendering" the fonts would have solved the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Are they using preview or adobe reader?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Hi. I have the same problem. I've had my MacBook for some years now, but recently every PDF I open, only have graphics and no text. I'll have to copy the text to a Word document and change the color there to black so I can read it. Anyone have a solution?
You can download and install adobe reader or itext to read pdf's just fine. Preview which is built in should have no problems reading pdf's also.

Reaction score
Invisible text on Mac in PDF solution

I read this on a forum and worked for me:

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro, I exported the form using "Export Data" to a XML and then imported it back from XML-file with "Import Data". Those commands are under Forms/Manage Forms Data

This is the link to the post: Adobe Community: Invisible text in PDF form

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.