White spots on screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz i7 macbook pro with 8g's of ram
Anyone else see bright white spots on their macbook pro glossy screen. It shows up more on white or lighter screens then anything?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
If you are still under warranty or have apple care I would bring it in and let them take care of it.

There isn't anything you can do about it yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You should post a pic if it's possible. There was a guy on here who thought he had a "spot" problem, but it turned out to be little stars on i=his wallpaper that would appear through the transparent menus...making it look like the screen is defective.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz i7 macbook pro with 8g's of ram
Tried to take pics but you can not see anything. Its not the wallpaper because it's showing up on several different things. I called apple they said to take it to one of the stores. They also said it is acceptable to have 7 to 8 spots before they will do anything. I am guessing they are dead pixels of some sort but those usually show up red green or blue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.