• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft's grinning robots or the Brotherhood of the Mac. Which is worse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Funny article. Really like his writing style. Thanks for sharing MrChris!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Absolutely brilliant article. I'm still chuckling over some of the lines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The article's author hates MS cause they make bad products everyone hates. And he also hates Apple cause they products that are so good and sickly sweet it's like a disease everyone wants to catch. There is just no pleasing some people. But I have to agree very well written commentary styled article.

Reaction score
Good grief, I think I'm turning into a Mac Monk.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good grief, I think I'm turning into a Mac Monk.

It is hard not to be a Mac evangelist when you enjoy your computer so much that you want to "spread the word" to those that don't.

But I've found that more often than not, that kind of evangelism is unwelcome and unnecessary. If people are unsatisfied with their solution, they will seek out an alternative. So, nowadays if someone asks me why I use a Mac, I'll gladly tell them - but I'll never again extol the virtues of my Mac when someone complains about their Windows machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
I just went to the apple store online...saw NOTHING about an iHome. Nothing! Dammit, better call the mortgage broker and tell him I was only kidding.

:D

Reaction score
It is hard not to be a Mac evangelist when you enjoy your computer so much that you want to "spread the word" to those that don't.

But I've found that more often than not, that kind of evangelism is unwelcome and unnecessary. If people are unsatisfied with their solution, they will seek out an alternative. So, nowadays if someone asks me why I use a Mac, I'll gladly tell them - but I'll never again extol the virtues of my Mac when someone complains about their Windows machine.

Exactly my point cwa... if people really want to know about our Mac's then they will ask us.
Some people have compared us even to Jehovah's witnesses, "the only difference is, you're still in your warm bed's on sunday mornings, while they are ringing doorbells", that we should have deactivated, because we knew they were coming!! ahum.... sorry....

Anyways... great article, the guy is a genius... but not the sort we wanna see at the bar of an Apple Store any time soon;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
Did he laugh at us Monkeys?

chimp-with-a-gun3.jpg

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Some of my favorite excerpts from the article.

"Windows is like the faint smell of [pee] in a subway: it's there, and there's nothing you can do about it."

There is nothing quite like a good simile in the afternoon.

"I'm also a masochist. And that's why I continue to use Windows – horrible Windows – even though I hate every second of it."

The only part I didn't agree with was the part about living with communist. People joke about it, but seriously they haven't the slightest idea what that is like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Don't know what to say about the Microsoft 'launch party' video...

Great article! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Brilliant article, had me laughing from start to finish. Those launch party videos are pure gold, absolutely hilarious. Btw anyone interested in a windows 7 house party? ;D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Brilliant article, had me laughing from start to finish. Those launch party videos are pure gold, absolutely hilarious. Btw anyone interested in a windows 7 house party? ;D

Sounds geekier than a LAN party, no thanks. >_<"

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I'm excited about Windows 7 (can't remember the last time I was excited about the release of a Microsoft product), but not enough to attend a launch party.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Haha I loved this article, I just bookmarked it. His writing style was fantastic.

I also think that some of the things stated in the article reflect the way some people think. They really don't care how good our Macs are, and hey, whatever floats your boat. I myself don't believe that Macs are the only way, I've seen some really cool things come from Windows machines, and really cool things from Macs. It's really a tool to use than a contest.

Do I believe that Macs are better? Yes ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.