Mail IMAP problem...

Reaction score
Hey everyone... I'm in the process of trying to set up my email account with Mail. I've used Thunderbird in the past on a Windows platform but I like the look of Mail in 10.6.1 so I want to give it a go.

My email is with the company UK2. I've set up IMAP accounts before but I'm having problems here. On the server there are the standard folders:

Inbox
Drafts
Sent
Trash

When I set up the IMAP account in Mail it's started adding different folders. I've found if I want to keep a copy of a message I send from my MacBook on the server then it stores it in a different folder called sent messages as opposed to the original sent. This is the same for drafts and deleted, i.e. it creates deleted messages instead of using the trash folder on the server. I can't find a way around this, I just want it to be in sync and I presumed it wouldn't be a problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.