HELP space disappeared from my external HD :(

Reaction score
So i have a 250g external. This one to be exact:Iomega eGo Jet Black 250GB Portable Hard Drive | Staples®

and well, i've only really used up about 50 gigs with music and maybe another 20 or less with some files for school and Back Ups. Recently Time Machine started telling me my drive is getting full? But this is not true at all. I even went in and just deleted everything but my music and the space available did not change at all?? What's going on? Did i do something wrong? Should I just invest in a new drive?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you deleted files from the iOmega external drive to make space, did you empty the Trash while the iOmega was still mounted on your desktop? If the drive was not mounted and you emptied the Trash, then they still exist and were not permanently removed.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.