Need help getting on WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Im at my grandpa's house and when he goes to sleep I will need to use my MBP,but he does not have a wireless router. He told me his neighbor has WiFi and that I can use it.Only problem is, he has it locked and when I asked my grandpa for the password he told me he forgot it. I tried calling the neighboor and being a religious day he is still not home. Anyway I can still use it? I heard Airport on Mac's was really good at still being able to get on these locked networks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Find a way to crack/guess the password. How are you on the internet now? Why don't you just plug your MBP into whatever you're using now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Are you really asking us to help you hack into someone's wireless signal? Where on earth did you hear that Macs are good at "getting into locked networks"? Didn't you already post about something questionable like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
We do not discuss illegal activity here including hacking and cracking.

If you can't access a wireless network with permission directly connect to your grandfathers internet via ethernet cable or some other method.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
We do not allow discussion of getting into Wireless Networks that you do not have the right to access. If the neighbor gives you there password and says it's fine, then go for it. Otherwise it's not legal to access or hack into their network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.