Auto-mount Airport Disks solved! OS 10.6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
Hi everyone, Just minutes ago, I succesfully found a way of auto-mounting airport USB-drives.:D :D

If anyone is interessted in this topic, please let me know, and I'll post a complete "how-to" guide on this topic.

Greets
Jelte

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Really? Mine auto mounts to my Finder as soon as I boot up and always has through my Airport. Even on my PC.

OP
jeltekalkman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The booting up problem was indeed resolved pretty quick, but I'm a macbook user, and since i bought my baby, i guess it has been off for only once... and for some stupid reason, Steve didn't had the wonderfull idea of automounting the disk after reconnecting to your airport... which is highly anoying to me...
so the trick is to get it mounting without having to boot or reboot.

Also, what i do is using a 3th party external HD on my AEBS instead of using Time Capsule.
I don't know if Time Machine configured disks are mounted automaticly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
TM will automount the drives just like a time capsule if you choose to enable the 'unsupported volume' option for your backups. I, like you, use an AEBS with multiple drives attached via a USB hub.

You can add any of the external drives as a login item which will automatically mount the drive at boot. I would be interested to hear how you got it to work on disconnecting/connecting to your network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I would like to know why on my new MBP the drive I use with it mount and show up on the desktop but my older MBP and the drives I use with that mount but do not show on the desktop. The older MBP uses timemachine and itunes external library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.6.1
Jelte,
I am very interested in how you auto-mounted USB airport disks as I've been trying to do it for a while. Please post your solution.
Many thanks,
Nicholas

OP
jeltekalkman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okey, so I've done my homework for now, Here's a link to the files needed:

http://www.jkmwebdesign.nl/Airport_Disk_Utility.zip

Its really easy, just drag and drop the files to the specified folders.
Restart, and your all set to go
just activate the utility application and you should be on your way.

If any problems come up, please just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.6.1
That's great. Thanks so much for the files. I'd feel more comfortable if I knew what you did so that I could do it myself rather than blindly installing new files.

Best regards,
Nicholas

OP
jeltekalkman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What i found out, is that the software needed for this, is already in one of the updates from apple itself.
The only downside.... You can't find the software just right away, since apple mostly hide their software on the internet. (obviously to prevent others from hacking it in any way)

So after lots and lots of search, I managed to find it after calling some importand apple-dude =D

So all i did was make it the apple way, which is making it easy to use, or in this case, install.

That's all the knowledge i guess you need to know. there's not much more to it

Reaction score
AirDisk automount on OSX 10.6.4 and OSX 10.5.8

I'm having similar problems with my AirDisk, which is connected via USB with my Airport Extreme. My PowerMac G5 Quad (OSX 10.5.8) is connected to this Airport Extreme via Ethernet cable and my MacBook Pro 13" (OSX 10.6.4) is connected through Airport.

I just want the AirDisk to automount at every startup without opening any finder folder as it happens when I use the AirDisk as startup item. But I can't find another way.

The Airport Disk Utility I have from my old Airport installation CD doesn't work. When I want to open it, I get the info, that this software does only work with OSX 10.4. I did found a older version of the programm, which opens, but the field where the servers should be listed is empty. And I can't delete the Airport-Base-Agent in the System/Libary/CoreServices Folder, because the Mac says its in use, even when Airport is off.

So please ... how can I solve this problem on my PowerMac G5 Quad, my MacMini and my brandnew MacBook Pro 13"?

I'm from Austria, so sorry for my bad english.

Reaction score
The only way to delete the Airport-BaseStation-Agent in the System/Libary/CoreServices Folder was to delete the Airport-BaseStation-Agent.plist file in the Preferences first. But without this file it doesn't seem to start the Agent in the Activity-Monitor.

Can someone send me the Airport-BaseStation-Agent.plist file? Or any infos what to do?
I really need help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.