Password Protection!?

K

kznefkt

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a program i can download for free, which will let me place a password on an individual folder or file? I've tried locker and lockonoff, and both don't seem to allow me to just place a password on my documents folder. That's all I want to do.

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks

edit: I'm using Mac OS X if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Other users on your computer will not see your documents folder. They can only see their own. Do you need your documents folder secure from others using your log in? If so you can remove access highlight documents, click edit from the top function bar, Apple I (info) under permissions click no access. Replace access (read/write) as you like

Reaction score
thats kind of cheap though, jsut because they can change it back from locked, to read/write.... i've also been looking for a program like that

OP
K

kznefkt

Yeah, I know about permissions, but I was looking more for a program where it would do as I said in my first post, which is just let me put passwords on individual folders or files. It's surprising how such a basic action is hard to find, I've searched high and low.

Anyone else?

OP
D

dr_springfield

kznefkt said:
Yeah, I know about permissions, but I was looking more for a program where it would do as I said in my first post, which is just let me put passwords on individual folders or files. It's surprising how such a basic action is hard to find, I've searched high and low.

Anyone else?

Best method is to create an encrypted disk image using disk utility.

OP
K

kznefkt

you see, I know of that method aswell, but that's just too much hassle for me. All I want is what I've stated above. BASIC PASSWORD PROTECTION, there must be someone who's knows of something.

where are you mac veteran's at?

;)

OP
K

kznefkt

PPF only works with classic, and is very hard to use. Maclock smith I can't seem to download and ghost folder doesn't do what I want either. I found a program called "Cypher" , which locks files but not folders. Lol life is so hard.

Thanks anyway devil boy.

anyone else?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.