Upgraded Hard Drive & Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 13 (128 GB) iPad Air 3 (256 GB) Refurbed 21.5”iMac 3.6GHz Intel Core i3 w/Retina 4K (1 TB)
I was running Leopard and installed Snow Leopard after upgrading my Macbook Pro hard drive to a larger drive. I restored everything from Time Machine but I've got a couple of problems.

1. When I boot up, I get an error "driver for extended x86 support is not installed". I'm not sure what driver it's looking for. It goes on to say "you can install optional device driver to access some additional "on-core" sensors of Intel(r) processors and to read out the exact processor model. If you'd like to do so, please use the full application (not Lite version) to install this driver."

I have no idea what it's talking about. Can anyone help?

2. When I went to restore from Time Machine, it took over 14 hours and then got hung upon saying "one minute remaining". I rebooted and apparently enough got transferred that I "seem" to have all my data, but I'm not sure what's missing or how to find out. I do know that there are a LOT less programs in my System Preferences "other" section including Growl, Geektool and a lot of other programs I really need. I don't even remember what some of them were. How can I find out what's missing or where to get upgrades?

3. I'm a rather new Mac user. At least compared the years I've been using Windows (shudder). What do I need to know about Snow Leopard that's different from Leopard?

Reaction score
Did you format the drive in Mac OS Extended Journaled after upgrading?

Sounds to me like it's still formatted in NTFS or FAT.

OP
Mikisunshine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 13 (128 GB) iPad Air 3 (256 GB) Refurbed 21.5”iMac 3.6GHz Intel Core i3 w/Retina 4K (1 TB)
No, it's a brand new drive, formatted Mac OS Extended Journaled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.