Techtool Pro Utility and Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 INCH MBP Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200 RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M-9600M GT
Has anybody used Techtool Pro with Snow Leopard?

I was looking into it and on the Apple Store website it has many negative reviews.

I would love some feedback and even some ideas of comparable utility programs that may be better and stable on snow leopard.

Thanks!
Meri

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What exactly do you intend to use Techtool Pro for? The reason I ask is that there are several nice free utilities that can be downloaded. Of course not near as powerful as something like Techtool Pro, but again it depends on what you need it for.

Here's the MacWorld review of Techtool Pro 5.

Take note that as of several days ago, Techtool Pro 5 has NOT been updated so that it's compatible with Snow Leopard. According to their support, the new version is forthcoming.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 INCH MBP Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200 RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M-9600M GT
I have migrated to Mac from the Windows world, and I always like to have my diagnostic utilities and tools handy in case I needed them. I wanted to have a chance to explore the functions in advance. What lead me to Techtool pro was my brother has been using it and told me I should get it when I have the chance.

I don't mind having many stand alone utilities but it could be nice to have them rolled into one package.

I'm going to keep my eye out for the Snow Leopard version and see how it's working for others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do a Google of TechTool Pro and DiskWarrior before making your purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.