• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New Macbook design?

Reaction score
new macbook 13 inch: 2.26GHz : 250GB : 2GB memory
Macbook Pro 13 inch: 2.26GHz : 160GB : 2GB memory

$200 difference for what? aluminum and sd card slot?
and you get less hard drive on the Pro

Don't forget the word Pro after the word Macbook ;D

Reaction score
Looks like a plastic MacBook Pro sans SD card and FireWire. Interesting to see how long it takes Apple to match the hard drive of the cheapest MBP to the new Macbook. Pretty stupid marketing if you can get the same computer for $200 bucks less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
A second look at the new Macbook and I'm slightly glad I bought mine a few months earlier because the bottom curves in slightly which I'm not keen on. I think it would have been better if they just added the new features while removing the screws with no other aesthetic change.

Reaction score
The new macbook doesnt have firewire does it? That a shame for some users. Luckily i dont have mb so i dont have to worry about it :)

Reaction score
I got my new macbook yesterday ( my old one died about a week ago, and i love it. Its not really much different than my old but its just updated in a few minor ways that you wouldn't notice unless you had the old one.

It just feels more solid. When you close the lid it makes a much more solid sound. (more like setting a book on a table) the cd doesn't sound so scratchy, They moved the usb ports slightly farther apart, the keys are much more quiet and solid feeling, and i also love the new power cord.the only thing i REALLY don't like is that they went from mini dvi to minidisplay but thats what they are doing now so i didnt really have an option.

Thats my very brief review. If any of you guys have any questions just lemme know and i'd be glad to help you out.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Reaction score
I went to my nearest Apple Store this evening. Saw the newest stuff from Apple. Beautiful! And I love the new 27" iMac, and the Magic Mouse was a breeze to use. As for the new MacBook, Jeremy is right, it does sound like it has better quality, most likely attributed to the fact that it is now unibody, which absorbs vibrations better than a multi-part laptop. You know, solidified?

Reaction score
I went to my nearest Apple Store this evening. Saw the newest stuff from Apple. Beautiful! And I love the new 27" iMac, and the Magic Mouse was a breeze to use. As for the new MacBook, Jeremy is right, it does sound like it has better quality, most likely attributed to the fact that it is now unibody, which absorbs vibrations better than a multi-part laptop. You know, solidified?

Definetly, it just feels more solid than the older one. Its basically the same as the old one but with some minor tweaks, just those small problems the old one had are now fixed.

Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the battery in the new MB not being able to be replaced. The specs say that it can handle up to 1000 charges, but if it doesn't, what then?

Reaction score
Well when has Apple ever been wrong? Because I can't think of a time when they were way off. It may not be exactly a 1000 charges, it might only be 900 charges. Just like the whole ordeal with fuel milage in a car. It's not an exact number, just an estimate.

Reaction score
I have been following the latest models of the MacBook on the Apple site too, and really liked the looks of the latest one. However, I came across this review, which really concerned me, and it wasn't what I expected in a MacBook review at all:

Engadget's Unibody Macbook (Late 2009) Review

Opinions? I am looking to get a new Macbook in the next couple of months, and this one looked good, until I read this review. I'm at least a two and a half hour drive from the closest Apple store, or I'd just go in and take a look at one myself.

Reaction score
Okay, saw an actual 27" iMac today, the one at the Apple Store was only the old 24". Grrrr. I wonder why I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Reaction score
I have been following the latest models of the MacBook on the Apple site too, and really liked the looks of the latest one. However, I came across this review, which really concerned me, and it wasn't what I expected in a MacBook review at all:

Engadget's Unibody Macbook (Late 2009) Review

Opinions? I am looking to get a new Macbook in the next couple of months, and this one looked good, until I read this review. I'm at least a two and a half hour drive from the closest Apple store, or I'd just go in and take a look at one myself.

I dont agree with that review whatsoever. I've had my macbook for 3 days now(ordered it the day it came out, got it two days later) and i don't have any marks on it at all. I find it to be of excellent build quality and it looks beautiful. It feels so much more solid than my old 2007 model white macbook. The superdrive is so much more quiet, when i close the lid it makes an entirely different sound, more solid-like. It has almost no flex at all and i believe they spread the usb ports apart a little more. The track pad of course is amazing and the screen is so much brighter and sharper. I usually use it at 1/2-3/4 power. I also love the new longer lasting battery, even when i have the performance settings all the way up and the backlight on i get almost 5 hours of actual run time on a single charge.

The reason i bought the macbook over the macbook pro was because i don't have any use for an sd card slot (my rebel xt uses a compact flash card) and i don't have anything that is firewire 800. Also as stated in another thread the backlit keyboard is pointless imo, if you need to look at the keyboard to type you have some slight problems anyway... I have also noticed from a few of my friends aluminum macbook pros that they scratch very very easily and look horrible after a few months.

I am very happy with my purchase and I'm sure i will be months from now.

Any questions feel free to pm me, reply here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Jeremy

Reaction score
I am going to be buying a Macbook soon and I want to have a look at the upcoming Macbook design so to wait or go ahead and purchase one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
best looking white macbook ever!

wish it had more USB ports but oh well

OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I also have the new whitebook and it dead silent and heat is not a issue it runs very cool, also the screen is much better then my current model MBP.

I am very happy with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
yea my macbook1 is running 120-168 degrees all the time on full fan speed. The new dual fans and redesigned cooling system works soo much better

Reaction score
Well, its fairly straightforward to know that there will be new Macbooks soon that will have the Core i5 and/or Core i7 chips in them. And it seems reasonable that there will be at least a minor design change to accomodate for the different chipsets.

However, what do you know, sir?!?? Something big, eh? Do tell :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.