Mobileme - Do I ask too much?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 500GB HDD, 8GB Ram / iPhone 4 32GB / Nano, Touch & Classic / iMac / Apple TV / iPad 64
Hello everyone,

I signed up to Mobileme yesterday and have successfully got my MBP, iPod Touch and iPhone syncing as they are supposed to.

What I really want to do, and this where I may be asking too much, is to sync my work Outlook Contacts and Calendar also. Now the catch is that they are on an Exchange server.

Effectively what I want is for any contact I add to my Outlook in work to be reflected on my iPhone, MBP and iPod and vice-versa.

Is there a long winded way to do this? i.e. Getting my Outlook to Sync with Google, then getting Google to sync with Mobileme for example?

If so, what programmes do I need to enable this to happen? I use a Blackberry Curve for work purposes which syncs with my exchange already but I would just quite like them all to be connected somehow even though the iPhone is a personal handset.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 500GB HDD, 8GB Ram / iPhone 4 32GB / Nano, Touch & Classic / iMac / Apple TV / iPad 64
Thank you and sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
There should be no problem syncing your iPhone with Exchange. Just set up the account in Settings on the iPhone.

The Mac will likewise sync with Exchange if it is running Snow Leopard, and if your Exchange server is running Exchange 2007 with the latest service packs. In Snow Leopard, you can add your Exchange account through Mail, and iCal will automatically pick up the calendar.

MobileMe is not necessary, and will not sync to Exchange. You can use both an Exchange and MobileMe account if you like (For example, Exchange for work, MobileMe for personal use) but they will not talk to each other, and you wouldn't want them to (everything would be duplicated.) Just leave them as seperate accounts.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't particularly want to set the iPhone to sync with exchange to be honest.

I will just keep business and personal seperate I think.

Cheers
Alex

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, well the contacts werent all that important but I wanted my calendars to sync, as that is quite important.

So I have google calendar sync from my work PC on exchange syncing with my google account, i then sync'd google with my iCal on my Macbook therefore meaning that my newly sync'd iCal calendar will then sync with Mobileme and put the stuff from my work PC onto my iPhone and vice versa.

Result.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.