upgrading my ibook g4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBook G4 outdated..
i have an ibook g4 10.3.9 and i am not sure how to upgrade it. I know it is pretty out of date but i need your help bringing it back to life, if not for me then for your love of apple computers ;) . So i think i will need links where to download the update, what i may need in order to meet the requirements for the update and the best way to upgrade the system in total. the memory is only 768 mb... Any way i can upgrade it to like... **** of a lot more?
I went on the apple forum to try and update the system but it wouldnt allow me to even update to 10.4.1. SO im either retarded or just really bad with computers. please help. thanksss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
10.3.9 is the last version of the software you are running (Panther), and so to upgrade you will need to buy a generic Tiger DVD install disc. You can then run Tiger, which your machine will handle, albeit a little slowly.
There is no way of downloading a further update.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Like "Kevriano" already mentioned...if you want to update your OS beyond 10.3.9...you need to purchase the retail version of OS 10.4 (Tiger)...do not buy the Grey/silver OS disks as they are model specific.

If you want to upgrade your ram beyond 768 meg...you need to tell us what model iBook you have to check it's max ram capacity.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.