Themes

Reaction score
just out of curiosity... i've seen some articles over the net about changing themes and what not to get a different "look" i guess or GUI... does anybody know anything about this?

i want THIS The Slate Mac Desktop - Desktops - Lifehacker theme but can't figure out how to do somethin like that... i like the whole date, time, and tabs thing goin on but would also like some sort of upcoming events from my ical on the desktop as well...

i guess i'm trying to make it more blackberry like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
i was gonna post the same thing...i want a black theme... nothing special...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83 GHz 2GB RAM Mac OS 10.6.1
just out of curiosity... i've seen some articles over the net about changing themes and what not to get a different "look" i guess or GUI... does anybody know anything about this?

i want THIS The Slate Mac Desktop - Desktops - Lifehacker theme but can't figure out how to do somethin like that... i like the whole date, time, and tabs thing goin on but would also like some sort of upcoming events from my ical on the desktop as well...

i guess i'm trying to make it more blackberry like.

The theme used is apparently called soliq ceasar and instructions on how to install it can be found here on deviantArt

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks for the help...

i tried to follow the instructions to a T but for some reason its not workin properly, upon installation through magnifique (when i restart, and try to click on the apple- the screen just blinks.... and nothing looks different) these instructions are not too detailed.. any help?

for the record, i'm running mac osx 10.6.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
From the Magnifique website:

"WARNING: DO NOT use Magnifique on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. It's almost certain that it will mess up your system beyond repair."

You need Leopard to use the theme. It will not work on 10.6.

OP
C
Reaction score
well.. i've played with it enough and now the computer is pretty much dead... won't work at all as in i can't even get into the system.... how stupid of me... any help? i replaced the files indicated in the directions...

i can't even boot in safe mode!

OP
C
Reaction score
i managed to get the system working and get all tha theme stuff out.. what a long night

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Boneheads... archive and install to fix your problems. I did the same thing. Next time READ before you do stuff, and this can also mess things up even in 10.5. I know because I did it. Archive and Install is the best way to rewrite the system files that you screwed up.

macthemes2.com - go there next time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.