Burning CD's and Watching DVD's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Will it be OK for me to be burning CD's and watching DVD's on the SuperDrive on my iMac G5? Will doing so wear it out faster? Should I go and buy an external drive instead? What do you people think? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
BurntSmore said:
Will it be OK for me to be burning CD's and watching DVD's on the SuperDrive on my iMac G5? Will doing so wear it out faster? Should I go and buy an external drive instead? What do you people think? Thanks in advance!

Well, not to be smart...but that is what the SuperDrive is for....so it will be just fine.

M

meltbanana314

Of course it would be okay!

That's like asking if it's okay to eat food.

Reaction score
I have never had an optical drive wear out and I never thought to take it easy on them.

The money you would spend on an external now would be considerably more than a replacement SuperDrive will cost by the time you could wear it out(many many year if ever).

Only reason I see to get an external drive is if you want one of those new BluRay ones, which aren't even out yet as far as I know.

F

flyingpostman

If you are worried about wearing it out, which it won't, the drive can be replaced easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.