computer froze while updating leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
I was recently updating my computer, i downloaded the leopard 10.5.7 or whatever and then when it restarted and went to the updating screen, the computer froze. i waited for about an hour because i didnt want to damage the system but in the end i restarted the computer. the computer started up and froze at the grey screen with the apple, i reset the p-ram battery and tried again to no avail. next i put in my mac os x cd and repaired the disk permissions and disk. still no answer so my next step was to reinstall the system. even now with the new system, the computer still stops at the grey screen, so i plugged in my firewire cable and booted from the powerbooks HD on my powermac G4 and it boots up perfect so i know for sure that its not the system. now i started up the powerbook again and it went farther, it goes up to the desktop and freezes at there but i noticed that the time and spotlight havent loaded. now im absolutely confused about what it could be, hopefully i get this computer working because i need it for school. im only 15 but i have some experience on these things, last time i have had a problem like this was with my Emac G4 which was the model that had bulging capacitors, i soldered new capacitors onto it and it started working. maybe its something to do with the memory since it doesnt load anything thats memory related aka time. please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in your install DVD, reboot holding down "C" after the chimes. If she boots, go to Utilities and select Disk Utility and run Repair Disk from there and see what is reported for starters. If you do not have the discs, check this link and you may be able to download AHT for your PB:-

Apple Hardware Test Images

If all is well, try removing your memory and see if you can boot with reduced memory. If you have the original system discs, run Apple Hardware Test.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.