Uninstaling Softwares

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If it came with an uninstaller, use that to uninstall the application. If it did not come with one, you can simply drag it to the Trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Once in the trash, empty the trash. The app is then uninstalled.

There will be some random prefs files left, but they will have no negative impact on the system other than a small amount of used space.

Remember, this isn't Windows...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you really want to get rid of the extra little files left on your machine that baggss has mentioned, you can use something like AppCleaner to do this.

Reaction score
If you really want to get rid of the extra little files left on your machine that baggss has mentioned, you can use something like AppCleaner to do this.

Neat app.I might dl it just in case I ever need to un-install something.But Ever since I got my replacement mac I have been careful of what I download.I dont even worry about clearing cache or fixing permissions or anything.Since I never knew what they did! Now Im just living stressssss free...I might make a thread though to ask what to do for maintain every few month's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8-Core
I have installed CleanApp.
Great utility for removing apps. You can either remove the app or select remove and archive. So if you balls it up like I did lol you can simply select Archive and restore. Cool.
And it saved me lots of space removing hundreds of unwanted language files.
Its here if fancy Synium

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.