error message

Reaction score
keep getting an error message during software down loads Expecially security. message reads- network error has occurred. timed out (-0001) make sure you can connect to the internet then try again . This has been going on for some time. Idea's
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Is this via Airport, and if so, which OS are you running and what type of security?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Unusual to get this kind of error if you are hardwired to the net connection.
Connection time-outs are common(ish) with wi-fi, when you can't get a good signal.
Where are you downloading the software from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried resetting your router?

Reaction score
I think you have a router problem, too. Make sure you get the updates for it, as well. Apple will find it and prompt you to update the Firmware.

But, I did experience this exact problem on a Mac Mini, after the upgrade from Leopard (10.5) to Snow Leopoard (10.6), as well.

I suspect a problem or corruption in the PREFERENCES. This has always been the weak link in the Mac OS, even on pre Mac OS X versions. It's not serious, but can be annoying.

I use Tech Tool to reset the PRAM and that forces the system to reload all of your Preference settings for the computer and all the applications your run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.