Numbers

Reaction score
New MACer here. I have worked in Excel for years and am just now trying out Numbers for a very simple, but important spreadsheet. After about four hours I have decided that I need to find a way to install Excel on my iMAC I have average intelligence but I'm really am having trouble adjusting and getting what I want. Am I giving up too easily? Anyone have this trouble? In my opinion Excel is about the only thing Microsoft did right, but I'm willing to give Numbers a chance. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I like numbers, but it's different and it doesn't do some things as well as excel. Fortunately excel is easy to install, get the mac version and install it :)

Reaction score
Try Thinkfree. ThinkFree Online
I use this app in addition to numbers. My work and my wife's work use Excel and yes there are some things that are just plain easier on Excel. But Thinkfree is truly great and totally compatible with Office up to 2007, plus you can upload your docs to your own personal storage space so that they are available anytime anywhere.

OP
B
Reaction score
Sorry...

Sorry for the delay. Your post was never sent to my e-mail address and I didn't check back for more replies. My problem was basically that I was used to Excel's user friendliness and Numbers is a whole new ballgame for me. I was in a hurry to recreate some spreadsheets and needed something as easy to work with as Excel. I found it with Open Office. I do appreciate your interest though. I will try Numbers again when I have more time. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Well if u are going back to it make sure you have the latest as new features have been added with each version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.