Best Place to Buy First iPhone?

Reaction score
Please be gentle; it's my first iPhone. I did multiple searches with no luck on this topic.

I am inclined to order from Apple Store Online, but my neighbor (an AT&T customer) is adamant that I should go to an AT&T store because I am entitled to a Teachers Discount from AT&T. My current Verizon Family plan gets 19% off, and the neighbor says I will not get that (or that much) going through Apple Online.

As if getting to this point was not enough agony, now I need to figure out where to buy it.

I'd appreciate any help, opinion or pointing to the right thread location.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have purchased my last 3 iphones from Best Buy ! I do so because they offer insurance on the iphones you buy there ! They just replaced my phone on tuesday after I left it on the tailgate of my truck and it fell off on the job site. Just took it in and new phone 5 mins later ! Now 15 bucks a month may seem like a lot of money but as a contractor i punish my phones so....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can buy the phone and set up the account with Apple, but they won't give you your discounts, you'll still have to go to AT&T anyhow. Your best bet is to go to AT&T directly and do it.

Reaction score
I have purchased my last 3 iphones from Best Buy ! I do so because they offer insurance on the iphones you buy there ! They just replaced my phone on tuesday after I left it on the tailgate of my truck and it fell off on the job site. Just took it in and new phone 5 mins later ! Now 15 bucks a month may seem like a lot of money but as a contractor i punish my phones so....

I agree, Best buy is what you need.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks guys...

It looks like I'll go directly to AT&T since I've learned that only they can apply the best discount I"m eligible to receive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
My advice would be to stay offline for your purchases and go directly to the carrier of your choice. They will help you set up your plan and will offer you new promotions to lower your bill every month. Rogers especially has been great for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP (mid 2009), 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD. 24" Cinema Display. 32GB iphone 3gs, 32GB iPad
I bought the iPhone directly from the Apple storeand had my corporate discount applied by ATT.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.