using xcode

Reaction score
using xcode with existing source files

I'm still getting used to how xcode works, i'm a newb. Here is the situation, i have all the source code given to me and i'm supposed to modify it, i need to know how to open these files up as a new project so i can run it. Whenever i make a new project, files are created automatically and i can't delete them.

what do i do? How do i change the targets?

xcode 3.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I don't understand. If you have ALL of the source files, they begin in a folder and in that folder you'll have a .xcodeproj file. Double click it and XCode should open it which then gives you access to the source files, including any NIB files.

OP
R
Reaction score
sorry, i was givin only java source files. i have ~6 java files, and no project file. I know how to do this with eclipse, but i'd rather start getting acquainted with xcode

edit: and i know which of the files are executable

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.