Broadband Optimizer

Reaction score
I was attempting to run Broadband Optimizer on my Mac Mini (older model with Intel Core 2 Duo) using Snow Leopard, when I got the following message upon startup:

Insecure Start Item Disabled.
“/Library/StartupItems/BroadbandOptimizer” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

Does anyone have experience using this program? I just wanted to see if it would increase my loading time, and the installation seemed easy, but I guess I'm doing something wrong? I attempted manual install by dragging the StartupItems folder into my Library folder, but still no dice, even after running Disk Utility to Verify Disk Permissions. Is this possibly something I'll have to configure using Terminal?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I'm not sure what the problem is with the app itself, but I can tell you this. The speed of your broadband is determined by the ISP. There is no application that can make it any faster. If you are experiencing very slow speeds, then you need to check your network settings or contact your service provider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Are u sure it is a Mac app - sounds a bit PC to me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are u sure it is a Mac app - sounds a bit PC to me.

Nope. It's a Mac application. Link However, ADHikerVW is spot on when he said that the speed is controlled by the ISP and network settings.

Broadband Optimizers, whether they be PC or Mac are pure Snake Oil. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.