Screen Savers

Reaction score
Hi all,

Fairly new to Mac, got myself a macbook pro last month and have been trying to install screen savers. Every time i go to install it asks me if i want it for me or for everyone, regardless of which i select it opens preferences but the screen saver isn't listed. When i check Library folders they are their, so why shouldn't it work?

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks
Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. When asking for help it is always better to give too much info rather than not enough. What Mac? What OS? How many Users and where are you adding the files - to User Library or Main Library?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Also, keep in mind that a screensaver is simply not necessary in this day and age of LCD displays since they are not prone to burn-in as old CRT and Plasma displays are.

If you want to 'save' your screen, the best thing you can do is to have it power down when not in use. This is the default setting and be aware that it is set that way for a reason. Although the LED backlight in most modern Macs will last for quite a long time, it will dim over time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Also, keep in mind that a screensaver is simply not necessary in this day and age of LCD displays since they are not prone to burn-in as old CRT and Plasma displays are.

If you want to 'save' your screen, the best thing you can do is to have it power down when not in use. This is the default setting and be aware that it is set that way for a reason. Although the LED backlight in most modern Macs will last for quite a long time, it will dim over time.

All of a sudden screensaver is active on my imac... How do I shut it off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
sys pref /desktop & screensaver / screensaver /start screen saver/ moved to never.

Hope this helps
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Wow... Thanks for the quick reply... Don't know how this happened... I surely didn't make any changes... At least not that I know of...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
glad to help

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.