:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
I just broke my iphone -_-'

Anyone got a spare for sale? =/

Im kind of ashamed to post this but, i knocked the phone in the toilet... (clean water of course) but has any one encountered getting their iphones wet, letting them dry for a couple of days, and then having them work again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
I know you want people to say they do work after couple days but....from personal experience no....but other people may say otherwise

OP
Ekim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
I know you want people to say they do work after couple days but....from personal experience no....but other people may say otherwise

poo, alright :'(
Ive got it opened up and im gunna let it dry for a few days so im praying it will work! if not... i gotta start saving my pennies >.<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Open it as much as possible and put it on top of a heat source to force any water out by evaporation.
So, battery cover off and card out, leave it open and place it face down.
Good luck!

BTW, doesn't this highlight people's obsession with having their phone on them at ALL times!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Im kind of ashamed to post this but, i knocked the phone in the toilet... (clean water of course) but has any one encountered getting their iphones wet, letting them dry for a couple of days, and then having them work again?

I don't think it's that bad. I had mine go through the washing machine. >_>"

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i had a similar phone compared to the iphone awhile back..i left it in my jeans and forgot it and did laundry....20 mins later in the middle of the wash i was like SHEEEITTT i ran to the washer opened it fished out my jeans....phone was gone, but i did some research alot people said leave it in attic (cause ot the dry heat) for awhile it worked after a week and a half...(forgot i left it in there) it works but the upper right hand corner was all white.. but the rest of the screen worked... "it was an Omnia"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
When I got my phone soaked I put it in a bowl of uncooked rice. It soaked up the water pretty effectively :) Its worth giving a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow never heard this method before...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Definitely put it in some dry rice. It'll soak the water right out of it.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Definitely put it in some dry rice. It'll soak the water right out of it.

It also makes fruit ripen faster for some reason. >_>"

Reaction score
I've also heard of people submersing an electronic device in 70% rubbing alcohol and letting it soak for a while, then letting it sit to dry out. I've never tried this (never had to so far), but if the phone is dead it might be worth a try. Maybe you could try the alcohol first, then set it in a bowl of rice to dry out.

Reaction score
Swimmin pool

Don't worry I know a guy who was recording on his 3gs a party of his new house and he dropped the phone in the water Of his massive pool and it wuz fine left to dry for 3 days!!! :)
my 3GS is nice n dry tho :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83 GHz 2GB RAM Mac OS 10.6.1

Try putting it in a plastic bag with some silica gel. The kind you get in shoeboxes. Might work a bit better than rice, but probably harder to get your hands on.

Reaction score
My 8 year old daughter had my iphone in the bathroom. No, I don't know what inspired her to take it in there. And of course, as fate would have it, she dropped it in. I suspect if she hadn't dropped it in the toilet, I would never have found out she had taken it in there. She scooped it out, thank god she didn't flush,and did her best through her tears and crying to dry it out, but of course it didn't turn on. So she was forced to tell me what happened... ; )

Googled it, read abut rice and silica, in an air-tight bag. Had nothing to loose, so we tried rice. Left it there for a few days, after 1 day, didn't turn on, after 2 days didn't turn on. Third day, no. Fourth day, lo and behold, the bloody thing TURNED ON!!!!!!!! Works fine!!! That was 3 months ago, and as I write this, it is a few inches away from me. -lol- Just leaned over and turned it on to confirm it still works even now - yup, still works!!!

So, yes, put it in an air-tight bag, a baggie will do, fill the bag with rice, bury it in there,and leave it alone. It may take a few days, but there is a good chance it will come back. Of course, after a few days, it will have a dead battery, so keep that in mind - you may need to plug it in too, after 4 days in the bag, it may be fine, it just needs to be plugged in!!

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.