12" 1GHz PowerBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Right i think that im about to be sold one of these babys :D

Its not got the airport card in it so im gonna need one and on the apple site there is only the one card so will that be the one i need or am i better takin it to an AASC?

Also as its been used can i just put the osX disc back in to restore it to an "as new" state with all the software still installed or arent even mac's that good!

Its also got 512Mb of ram will that be enough for now as this will kill me if i have to buy more striaght away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can just insert and boot from panther install disc 1, then select erase and install as the installation type, it'll restore the computer to like its just been turned on for the first time. as far as I know, that powerbook uses airport extreme, so if the one on apples site is an airport extreme card, its the right one, but I would suggest buying it somewhere else for less. also, remember that almost any wireless router will work, how well depends on brand, features, etc, you don't have to get the base station.

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for that.
I looked in the "about my mac" thing and when i clicked on the airport info there was no further info and there wasnt an icon for it in the taskbar thing (cant remeber the mac name for it!) so im guessing that its not got one because im sure that it was an option on the 12" untill the new versions that are out now.

Ive got a linksys WAP54g as the router so im pretty sure that it will work with that if not i can always use the trusty RJ45 directly from my router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, click the apple>click about this mac>in the window that comes up, click more info, that opens sytem profiler, look under the hardware section for airport, that should let you know for sure if you already have one, but most likely not if you haven't noticed by now. o, and that thing is called the menubar.

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cheers i looked in there and in the airport thing it said something like
"no more information"

provided i actually get it i can whip the battery out and have a quick look anyway ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so that means you don't have an airport card, but you can find them online fairly cheap.

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ebay is always the answer in times like this :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.