AOL Profiles

I

iDVFH.

Why is it more often than not I go to look at someone's profile and not only do I get the words in the profile but a whole bunch of scribble that has something to do with color & font codes? Any way to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
are you using aol instant messenger to do this? aim for macs, i do believe, has not really been worked on too much...kinda like IE.

-chris

OP
I

iDVFH.

coach_z said:
are you using aol instant messenger to do this? aim for macs, i do believe, has not really been worked on too much...kinda like IE.

-chris

I have AIM for Mac but this is happening on my AOL for OSX..font codes appear in between letters and words and color codes also i.e (<div>SOM<strong>E </strong >TH<strong>i</strong>N<strong>G</strong>) something to that agree. and its so annoyingh cause i cant even read some of my friends profiles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i am baffled...

i do know that AOL is the devil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would suggest not using AOL for Mac or AIM for Mac. They're not really supported well, updated often, or even have a shadow of what their Windows counterparts have.

Try using iChat, Proteus, or Adium for your AIM contacts and you should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, I used aol instant messenger once or twice, but had so many problems I started loving ichat, then I moved to adium for various reasons.

OP
I

iDVFH.

I would love to use iChat..but I hate the way the buddy list is setup..is there a way to change the buddy list so that they show only users that are on (or at the top of the buddy list and the off-line buddies at the bottom) If I could do that I'd definitely scrap AOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
um, I may be missing something, but thats exactly how my ichat buddy list works, as you described. though I see no way to change it.

OP
J

Jefe3223

iDVFH. said:
I would love to use iChat..but I hate the way the buddy list is setup..is there a way to change the buddy list so that they show only users that are on (or at the top of the buddy list and the off-line buddies at the bottom) If I could do that I'd definitely scrap AOL.

iChat>view menu>Sort by first name>Sort by availability. That should set it up alphabetically by availability. Make sure (if you want) to have "show offline buddies" checked in the view menu too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.