snow leopard mid-installation freeze

Reaction score
i have a first generation macbook still on 10.4.11. read several places i should be find running snow leopard, but now that i've had to restart installation 3 times b/c of freeze i'm having serious doubts.

when each time i have hit the power button to turn off and then again to restart.... installation then starts over, even though i read on another thread installation should start where it left out...

i've read about many different freeze problems most if not all of which seem to occur after installation.

am i an idiot for trying to install snow leopard?

any ideas?

OP
N
Reaction score
uh oh. now when i try to install, at the part where you select what hd to install snow leopard to, it says "examining available disks" and doesn't seem to be finding my hard drive. there's a circle spinning endlessly, and i'm realy worried about my computer at this point...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
good luck. we'll be here if you need us.

OP
N
Reaction score
now i'm officially getting the dreaded "Install failed: the installer could not copy the necessary support files" error... i read elsewhere that some are attributing that to a faulty disc, others to ram issues, others to faulty dvd drives

this is a long shot, but i'm about to try this:

"Had the same problem. Tried unsuccessfully several times to install.
Finally, inserted a random DVD into my Macbook Pro and it worked fine.
Reinserted Snow Leopard Install disk and it worked without a problem..."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.