Cannot Turn aiport off

Reaction score
When I click on my airport icon and chose "Turn Airport Off" it does not turn off... why is this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you using WiFi at the time you're attempting to turn it off? Try disconnecting, reboot, and then turn it off.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
These are the 2 choices one is faced with in turning On [top]and Off [bottom] - you are saying that yours will not change between these 2;

Click for full size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Correct, it will not change between "Turn AirPort Off" and "Turn AirPort On"

First set up a new User and see if the problem is there as well - if not, you could try dragging one or all of these to desktop from your current user library then restarting to see if that sorts the issue;

Click for full size -

here is also a com.apple.networkConfig.plist in Main Library to play with as well.

OP
S
Reaction score
I created a new user, and the problem is there as well. I could not locate com.apple.networkConfig.plist in the main library, or through spotlight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.