iPhone has MMS but not sending

Reaction score
rar

Here is your solution!!

I the issue that makes it so you cannot send.

Solution :

contact Att and tell them to switch you from unlimited text msging plan to the IPHONE unlimited txt plan.

att stated there would be no change, however there is a different plan then the regular unlimited.

This resolved my issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
just power cycling the phone will make the phone re-register on the network as the phone it is.

It should but apparently it's not doing so for everyone.

Reaction score
i am currently attempting a restore to see if that fixes my issues....will post up results when finished...

RESULTS: still not working, i am going to attempt to contact Apple and see what's going on. this is SO frustrating!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Ok I talked to 2 AT&T reps today...

The 1st one told me that it does show that I'm using a 3g iPhone, not a 2g so that's not the problem. Then she told me that Apple released a press statement saying that photos taken BEFORE the update occurred will not be able to be sent over MMS. I then hung up, took a picture and tried sending it...still did not work...

I called back and went through about 50 different troubleshooting questions about the phone and then was told that "AT&T know there is an issue and will continue working on it until it is fixed. So keep trying until it works...."

So ridiculous...

Reaction score
I have had quite the eventful day:

Went to AT&T...they removed, then added back my messaging plan, made sure it was set to "Unlimited iPhone messaging" and that i was on an iPhone 3G...

Then, I went to Apple, they determined that they couldn't fix the phone, and gave me a BRAND NEW 3G. I then activated it, synced, and updated....reboot, have MMS icon, and SAME PROBLEM!! Messages go to 90% and then fail.

I'm so frustrated, i've given up. I don't want to talk to AT&T, I'm not going to Apple, I'll just wait for the next update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then she told me that Apple released a press statement saying that photos taken BEFORE the update occurred will not be able to be sent over MMS.

That's a complete crock. I've sent several today that were taken well before MMS was available.

At this point, I'm fingering AT&T for this issue. It's their crappy network....

Reaction score
To follow up with my posts as of late:

I called AT&T, and the rep said that they had me listed as still on my old 2G. Once she updated it in their system, I am now able to send/receive MMS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NICE! So it was what I reported. Good deal!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*** man this is ********

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it's been a week and it's still not working for me. I'm taking it in to Apple tonight..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it's been a week and it's still not working for me. I'm taking it in to Apple tonight..

Let us know how it goes. I'm curious to see what Apple says/does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright it turns out it was my sim card....

The genius had an iPhone and we swapped sim cards and it worked with his in mine. So they gave me a new sim card and it works now so it's all good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.