Screen Protector Snafu - iPod touch 3rd gen

Reaction score
I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch that I just purchased last night, along with a Zagg Invisible Shield. I liked the invisible shield for the Nano better because it came with a spray instead of this sponge thing.

Long story short, there was no squeegee included with the Invisible Shield this time and I couldn't figure out how to keep my fingers wet long enough to avoid getting prints on the silly thing. I thought I could temporize with a credit card and some extra patience. I was wrong. Now I have an Invisible Shield stuck on my iPod touch at home with several very noticeable bubbles and a few wrinkles in it. It's pretty unattractive. There's also some cat hair stuck in it. Is there a way to remove this several hours after installation?

Also, is there another, easier to install, film cover to protect the entire iPod touch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
It's as simple as just pulling it off. And if your looking for other skins, a google search will find you many

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro l 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo l 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3 l Mac OS X 10.6
I recently traded in my iPod nano fourth generation for the 5th generation, I had applied the invisibleshield to the old one and just had to peel it off. I truly didn't take much caution when taking it off, though it remained intact. I would believe if you carefully took off the skin and then reapply it should be fine. Though:

The only thing I can give you is the fact that the product stays intact. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
If you reapply it, it will look worse than before.. Once the adhesive is set it will never become perfectly clear again

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You kind of need patience and a clean environment to install these kinds of things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.