"software update" macbook freezes?

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I have been having problems with my macbook with it freezing few weeks ago so i loaded the dvd disks that came with my macbook. Put everything back to factory. Problem now is alot of sites i go to it says i need to update "flash player" others ay i need to update this and that, yada yada. So when i go to "update software" the items that needs to be updated are, garageband, iphote, iweb, imovie, mac os x.

After i download the updates, it freezes on the install. I have to power off macbook in order to get away from the frozen screen. I have loaded the dvd's that came with macbook a 2nd time and same thing. Any ideas fellas? This macbook is probably near 1.5yrs old. Running leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
First up boot from the install discs, go to Utilities > Disc Utility and run Repair Disk and see what is reported. When you update Leopard, download the X.5.8 combo updater direct from the Apple web site. When thew download is finished, disconnect any peripherals and disable any antivirus, run Repair Permissions, drag the download to the desktop and double click.

After install again run Repair Permissions, re-connect everything and hopefully you will be right.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update

The combo updater is 760MB so good luck. Keep us posted?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.