diffrence between Ipod Touch 2g and 3g ?

Reaction score
so , am new and all this and want to buy myself a ipod touch, and saw that there is a 3'rd gen now.

and my question is , what is the diff. between these 2 ?

i saw that the 2nd gen could play xvid , avi , divx .... and had better battery time, but that all.

would be kind if you could help me out.
thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not sure where you heard that the second gen could play those video formats, but it's incorrect. The iPod touch can only play mp4 and h.264 files.

There aren't many differences between the second and third generation, just a faster processor, increased space, and I think one or two other things.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yes faster launching of applications, not sure about faster movies because that doesn't make any sense. It also has external speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - Core i7 @ 2.66ghz
saw it on a swedish comparasion site: Produktjämförelse *** Prisjakt

i dont need more then 16gb so that would be ok.
but hmm , faster....is the 2nd gen slow ? or ? , by faster you mean like when i enter apps , and play movies and so ?

Funny thing, they don't offer the 16 GB touch anymore. Its either a 8 GB, or 32 GB. Thats just they're way of getting another $100 out of ya.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.