Accidentally deleted library/audio folder

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to the mac i recently picked up a g5 but have been using pc's for years (expert level)

now ive been messing around with final cut and logic and i cant understand from a windows user point of view how stupid it is not to have an uninstaller,

anyway i have been messing around with loops and stuff and one loop i downloaded said to copy the audio folder into the library folder, i did this and it prompted me to replace i clicked of as in windows it would never delete any files doing this, but to my horror everything in the audio folder has gone! now my garageband etc wont load up

can anyone point me in a direction as to what should be here? and even better a way to get it back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do you have the install discs for that computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Then you can reinstall the entire operating system. It would be more difficult to pull out that Audio file, if it's even possible. The pieces of the OS are not copied from the disc, they're installed.

Backup everything first, as a precaution.

By the way, your claim that Windows would not overwrite stuff after it provides a warning is surprising. Isn't that why there would be a warning?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.