Unable to browse since upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Has any seen an a problem where after going from Leopard to Snow Leopard where they can't browse?

I am connected to the the network, I can get good IP, ping.

I did a manual installation of the software update that I got on my macbook, but that did nothing

Thanks

Reaction score
Has any seen an a problem where after going from Leopard to Snow Leopard where they can't browse?

I am connected to the the network, I can get good IP, ping.

I did a manual installation of the software update that I got on my macbook, but that did nothing

Thanks
Did you try another browser?

You might try this if using Safari: highlight it in the Applications folder, hit Command+I, and select open in 32-bit mode.

OP
plusfortyfour
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Just tried that, and it didn't help. I tried both Safari and Firefox.

Looking into it further, Adium doesn't even try to connect, unable to receive email and all other internet applications don't connect.

Also, when I scan for networks and find an open one, I can't connect to those either when I was able to on Leopard.

Reaction score
Just tried that, and it didn't help. I tried both Safari and Firefox.

Looking into it further, Adium doesn't even try to connect, unable to receive email and all other internet applications don't connect.

Also, when I scan for networks and find an open one, I can't connect to those either when I was able to on Leopard.
How about trying a clean install then? Just pop the install disc in, restart, and hold down the C key and run Disk Utility to erase the hard drive and then install Snow Leopard.

If you can, back up un-backed up files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.