Airport Express WDS and Linksys

Reaction score
I hate wds

I’m working on getting wireless to work in this guys rather large house, and he wants to use WDS (or something to the effect of) to get Airport express N devices to connect to his Linksys WRVS4400Nv2 so he can have a good signal throughout the house, as well as use the AE to have streaming itunes service wherever he plugs in speakers.

When attempting to do this with the WRVS4400Nv2, we don’t get anywhere. I went and set the MAC addresses of the AE in the WDS section, completely disabled the security, and when trying to connect with the AE, we get something to the effect of there were no other Apple devices available. That keeps coming up as I attempt connect. I’ve tried making it an WDS relay and remote, no help. When I’m setting it up, it’s connected wired to the router.

So, we’re trying it on a WRT54GS, and the only guide that I have found is dealing with it on leopard. Here rgbdream.com » Blog Archive » Linksys WRT54G, Airport Express, and WDS it tells me to Set “Connect Using” to “AirPort (WDS)”, but I don’t have that option in Airport utility 5.4.2.

Has anyone gotten the Airport express with a Linksys router to work? If so, how?

Thanks very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The latest version is 6.3 you may want to update and try again it works great
with AEBS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.