Ichat using gtalk video chat

Reaction score
dear colleagues
today I bought a new mac book pro and I try to get along with all the new things.right now I tried to set up a video chat with ichat and the other person used gtalk. Something didn't work. We couldn't get a connection. but standard chatting without video worked.

Can someone tell me whether this in general doesn't work or should work?

Thanks for helping a brandnew mac user :)

Priscilla
O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Hello Priscilla!

Although iChat supports video chatting GoogleTalk does not, so unfortunately you will be unable to video chat unless the other end-user uses a chatting program that supports video chatting :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Were talking about gmail? gmail has video chatting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
U4QmI.png

Eh? I dunno.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Also, iChat has some A/V issues when trying to connect to PCs... I have never successfully video chatted with a PC user from iChat. Skype is the only thing that is actually reliable for cross-platform A/V stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Sorry guys, i guess i should have specified >.<

I was referring to the fact that you cannot video chat between operating systems with iChat (i assumed she was talking to a pc). So download Skype at filehippo(Dot)com and start chatting away no matter your operating system!

:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.